Ideal solution for high-precision operation
Latest integrated drive technology for vacuum capacitors at best price-performance ratio.
The integration of a high-resolution optical encoder ensures excellent positioning repeatability and accuracy.
Motorized capacitors are the ideal solution for high-precision operation. Besides ensuring highest accuracy, motorized capacitors simplify procurement with an easy-to-install subsystem. The core components of Universal Integrated Drive systems are a Comet variable Vacuum Capacitor, mounted with an insulating cover, coupler and stepper-motor. A durable, backlash-free Comet-coupler connects the capacitor to the drive system.
Integrated flanges ensure easy mounting in the system. Appropriate high-voltage insulation between the capacitor and the flanges is also included.
The module can be controlled from a PC or a control board using high-level commands (RS232, RS485 for Universal ID). The communication protocol allows th execution of the following commands.
- Precise motion control by setting full-step, micro-step or capacitance position
- Set idle and drive current, speed and slave address within allowed range
- Read out of actual full-step, micro-step and capacitance position
- Read out of characteristic capacitance curve (C-Curve)
- Read out of various parameters such as firmware version, serial number and all customer and factory limits
- Comprehensive RX responses (ACK, NAK):
– ACK for all commands
– ACK for «movement-started» resp. «movement completed»
– NAK e.g. check-sum error, index out of range
- Baud rate can be set within 9.600 to 115.200 Bd
- Set user limits (Cmin and Cmax) within factory limits
- Store up to 10 user selectable positions
Integrated Drive Vacuum Capacitors
Integrated drive solution
- Integrated optical encoder with 4096 increments
Maximum motor speed of 600 rpm for UA4 modules
COMET communication protocol mainly comparable with UA4-protocol (easy co-use / upgrade)
Connect up to 32 modules in RS485 mode
Increased capacitance resolution (position control) to 0.1 pF for UA4 modules
Resolution of 3200 micro-steps per turn
- Accurate alignment of variable Vacuum Capacitor and stepper-motor and a durable, backlash-free coupling result in long, consistent lifetime
- Assembled solution for easy installation for higher system uptime and productivity
- Highly accurate repeatability of capacitance positions
- Lower total cost of ownership
|Supply current||< 0.9 Apeak (ID-400)
< 2.0 Apeak (ID-1200)
|Full-step angle||1.8 °|
up to 600 rpm
|Operating temperature||+5 – +50 °C|
|Available interfaces||RS232, RS485|
|Address range (RS485)||0 x 21 – 0 x 40|
|Baud rate||9.600 – 115.200 Bd|
- Flat Panel Display