Fast-tuning technology for more powerful electronic devices
As a leader in plasma control, we pave the way for innovative semiconductor process technologies.
These technologies revolutionize communication, information, mobility and technological progress and also ensure the sustainable future of our planet and the well-being of our society.
Comet Plasma Control Technologies is a member of the Comet Group.
Led by experience. Driven by curiosity.
years in business
Connecting the dots between today and an innovative tomorrow
Unified in our goal to drive the evolution of the semiconductor industry, we provide our customers with precise tools to master plasma processes. Our entire team is committed to this mission.
We empower new technologies.
As a leader in plasma control we pave the way for innovative semiconductor process technologies. Technologies which revolutionize not only communication, information, mobility and technological progress, but also ensure the sustainable future of the planet and the well-being of our society.
For more than 50 years we are on a mission to explore the mysteries of plasma behavior with our customers to engineer and manufacture the most advanced RF power systems and diagnostic tools.
Unified in the goal to drive the evolution of the semiconductor industry we provide our customers with the most precise tools to master the plasma processes. Connecting the dots between today and the innovative tomorrow.
Our pioneering milestones and achievements
1960 - 1970
- Birth of Comet Plasma Control Technologies: Board of Directors decides to diversify into the vacuum capacitor business
- First serial batch of vacuum capacitors is delivered to a Swiss broadcast customer
1970 - 1980
- Vacuum capacitors sold to a Japanese semiconductor manufacturer
- Patented Comet technology allows the implementation of self-centering electrodes and one-shot design
1980 - 1990
- Comet develops highly efficient water cooling for RF products with current up to 1’000 Arms
- In 1989, Comet moves into a new building in Berne, Switzerland and doubles its production capacity
1990 - 2000
- Comet North America opened in Norwalk/CT, USA
- Patented new technologies are launched: Drive System, Mini-Cap and X-Cap
2000 - 2005
- Comet enters the RF Impedance Matching Network Business
- Global headquarters move to Flamatt, Switzerland
- China subsidary opens
2005 - 2010
- Silicon Valley location opens
- Operations start in China
- Innovative Vacuum capacitor product launches: Integrated drive system, Supra-Con and Drive system
2010 - 2015
- Entry to RF generator market
- Korea subsidary opens
2015 - 2025
- Pathbreaking re-locations
- Data growth continues: strong technology in inflections drive an explosion of data